Place: Technical University of Lisbon (UTL), Lisbon, Portugal
Date: June 17 to 19, 2013.
About the Conference
The 3rd INBAM Conference will comprise a total of 18 tracks, one for each journal. Each journal editor will open the session with an outline of how to present works for publication in his/her journal. Authors will then go on to present the papers chosen for each session.
Full papers covering diverse themes and methodological approaches are welcome. Papers should demonstrate high research quality and reflect the research focus favored by the Conference journals. One of the aims of the Conference is to select papers, depending on the characteristics of the journal and the quality of the papers, which will constitute a special issue of each of the SSCI journals involved in the 18 tracks.
Each of the 18 tracks (and consequently the special issues) will have coordinators who will be the guest editors of the special issue. Once the Conference has concluded, the guest editors (as well as the editor-in-chief of the journal) for each track will decide which papers are to be recommended for inclusion in the special issues/section of the corresponding publications. Depending on the quality of submissions, the best papers will be published in the special issues of these SSCI journals.
This will make the 2013 Conference and subsequent conferences organized by the Editor Network of the International Network of Business and Management Journals (INBAM) quite unique. The issues/special section will be published in the year after the Conference.
Why you should attend INBAM 2013
The INBAM conference will be a great conference that allows authors:
- To present and discuss papers with top researchers
- To submit their work for consideration to be among the selected papers that will constitute special issues in each of the journals
- To learn from the journal editors how to be published in their journals
- To meet other authors, increasing the possibilities of involvement in international research networks.
Original papers should be submitted by December 15, 2012.
All accepted full papers and papers accepted as posters will be present in the conference proceedings (with ISBN).
A paper may only be submitted to one journal and a conference participant may only be the presenter of two papers across all sessions-tracks.
Full papers should be submitted electronically via the INBAM website 2013.inbam.net to the appropriate journal (see the list below), in accordance with the guidelines of each journal.
Journal List for 2013 INBAM Conference
- Journal of Managerial Psychology (Emerald). Editor: Dianna Stone
- Small Business Economics (Springer). Editor: David Audretsch
- International Business Review (Elsevier). Editor: Pervez Ghauri
- The Services Industries Journal (Taylor & Francis). Editor: Gary Akehurst
- The Journal of Technology Transfer (Springer). Editor: Simon Mosey
- Journal of Business and Psychology (Springer). Editor: Steven G. Rogelberg
- International Small Business Journal (Sage). Editor: Robert Blackburn
- Service Business. An International Journal (Springer). Editor: Sang M. Lee and Jose Millet
- Business Horizons (Elsevier). Editor: Marc Dollinger
- Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources (Wiley). Editor: Malcolm Rimmer
- Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Wiley). Editor: Vishwanath V. Baba
- Journal of Organizational Change Management (Emerald). Editor: Slawomir Magala
- Cornell Hospitality Quarterly (Sage). Editor: Bruce Tracey
International Journal of Manpower (Emerald). Editor: Adrian Ziderman
- European Journal of International Management (Inderscience). Editor: Vlad Vaiman
- International Journal of Project Management (Elsevier). Editor: Rodney Turner
- INNOVAR. Editor: Edison Jair Duque Oliva
- Management Decision (Emerald). Editor: Domingo Ribeiro
For further information please visit 2013.inbam.net. Conference registration and hotel information will become available soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Prof. Dr. Vítor da Conceição Gonçalves
Full Professor, ISEG - School of Economics and Management
Pro-Rector, UTL – Technical University of Lisbon
Ricardo Rodrigues and Inês Velez
Centre for Management Studies
Phone: + 351 213 970 264
If you have any questions concerning the details of the conference, the venue or the city of Lisbon, please do not hesitate to contact the Local Secretariat directly.
Clara Gieure and Olga Sastre
University of Valencia
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Phone: + 34 963 828 891